Outside Sales Representative
Medical, dental, vision and 401K after 60 days
The Outside Sales Representative is responsible for finding new sales leads by making in-person visits as well as outbound calls and sending targeted emails to potential clientele. This person’s goal is to find our next regular customer who is not currently renting from us. Once a new connection is made, the person will assist customers with the selection of event rental items for his or her special event by identifying customer’s needs and offering a recommendation of appropriate rental products. The successful candidate must be a self-starter with high energy and be proactive in finding and building a new book of business, the Outside Sales Representative will also be responsible for maintaining and growing an existing book of business, all while providing excellent customer service.
At Munro Enterprises, LLC, our associates are more than promoters of our exceptional products & service. They are important assets to our business; individuals who care and keep our company standards. With our training, development, and benefits, there are real opportunities for your future.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Actively seek new sales opportunities through networking events, warm and cold calls, outbound calls and emails.
- Research potential new business leads from Cleveland Market Manager by identifying key players and generating interest.
- Build and maintain customer relationships with new and existing customers.
- Enter new customer data and other sales data into computer systems.
- Understand customer rental needs and requirements.
- Recommend rental equipment to best meet customer needs and up-sell when appropriate.
- Provide expertise in matching tables and linen sizes, furniture layouts, and coordinate event schemes.
- Collect all information from the customer to properly qualify the opportunity and ensure a successful event.
- Close sales and achieve performance quotas.
- Investigate and resolve customer problems that may arise.
- Network with other industry professionals.
- Manage all leads in a shared drive spreadsheet.
- Showcase products in Mood Boards.
- Relentlessly follow up on quotes and leads to achieve sales quotas.
- Meet with clients in our Design Center.
- Conduct facility tours to show off our operation.
- Grow and manage sales business in designated account segment.
- Plan weekly sales activities to grow and support customers in account segment.
- Educate customers on the Event Source brand during outside sales calls.
- Update customers on new items and trends in the industry.
- Maintain and report all sales activity weekly including sales calls.
- Participate in networking opportunities, trade shows and conferences as needed.
- Conduct site visits, record measurements and provide drawings as needed.
- Develop rental sales quotes and contracts.
- Must make a minimum of 10 reach outs to new or dormant accounts each week.
- Perform other duties as requested.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- 1-3 years proven sales experience.
- Reliable vehicle for sales calls.
- Skilled in persuasion and influencing techniques, as well as value added selling.
- Proven track record of over-achieving performance metrics.
- Strong phone presence and experience with cold calls.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office.
- Creative skills for pairing like products and interior design.
- Proficiency in PowerPoint to create Mood Boards.
- Ability to learn Social Tables to create event diagrams and drawings.
- Adequate internet capabilities for Remote Desktop Service.
- Competent in video conference selling.
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and manage time effectively.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule format.
- Math ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Detail-oriented and able to keep accurate records.
- Must pass a company drug screen and background check.
- Knowledge of the event or catering industry.
Compensation and Employment Details:
- Base salary $50,000 plus commission.
- The weekly schedule includes a 40-50 hour workweek.
- Unlike most hospitality/event industry positions, most of your nights and weekends are free!
- Time will be split between office and on the road based on client needs and expectations. 20 hours should be spent in the office each week.
Our online application is quick and easy to complete. We look forward to hearing from you!
Complete your application at
*All candidates will be asked to complete a 5-minute Behavioral Assessment through the Predictive Index and will be subjected to background checks and pre-employment drug screens.